Every Volunteer (over age 16) working with the youth involved with Surrey Lacrosse Association must complete a
Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search (CRC) every three (3) years.
Please follow the process outlined below to obtain your CRC:
(Note: In an effort to make things
easier for everyone we have a new process and you no longer need to go to an RCMP office)
applications for CRC should be submitted ONLINE no later
than October 25th, 2020.
Instructions for Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Search)
- Volunteers should go to the following webpage: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
and use Access Code: SHFT9N8355 (Note: this code is specific to Surrey Lacrosse, please do not share or use for purposes not
related to Surrey Lacrosse).
- Click "Request a New Criminal Record Check" if you are asked.
- Follow the instructions on the Screen - this process will include:
- Agreement with some statements
- Personal Information Entry
- Verification of ID questions
If you encounter difficulties with the online system, you may use the paper-based system:
- Please contact email@example.com to
receive the paper form.
- After completion of the form, it must be printed and signed.
- Then it must be delivered to the SLA Secretary, who must verify the applicant’s identity using at
least one piece of primary identification and at least one piece of secondary identification. One of the pieces
must be government-issued and include the applicant’s name, date of birth, signature and photo.
- The SLA Secretary will submit by email to the BC Government for processing by their Criminal Records
Review Program. Processing time with the BC Government is approximately a 3-4 weeks.
How to connect with the SLA Secretary:
- Please text Susan at 778-809-3731 to coordinate a location and time to connect.